Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Has anyone experienced problems using bitmap plugins (for example, photoshop plugins) with Xara such as what I describe below? My problems are inconsistent but often lead to Xara crashing. For example, if I create a bitmap copy (true color, alpha--otherwise it won't let me use the plugins). When I apply a plugin effect (for example, gaussian blur) it give me the message "Unable to process 32-bit bitmaps, creating a new 24-bit version." I then click "OK" and sometimes it opens up the blur option then works fine, other times, Xara crashes with an error in xara.exe, invalid page fault.

Has anyone experienced problems using bitmap plugins (for example, photoshop plugins) with Xara such as what I describe below? My problems are inconsistent but often lead to Xara crashing. For example, if I create a bitmap copy (true color, alpha--otherwise it won't let me use the plugins). When I apply a plugin effect (for example, gaussian blur) it give me the message "Unable to process 32-bit bitmaps, creating a new 24-bit version." I then click "OK" and sometimes it opens up the blur option then works fine, other times, Xara crashes with an error in xara.exe, invalid page fault.

The Xara plug-in interface only works with 8 bit greyscale (if the plug-in supports it) or 24 bit colour images, hence X will attempt to convert a 32 bit Truecolor + alpha image (i.e. 24 + 8 bits) to 24. The page fault may lie with allowing X to convert the image on-the-fly, so I suggest you perform the conversion separately.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

bitmap plugins options don't appear at all.