Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have a text box with both Black and one other color mixed in the paragraph. I also have other objects on the drawing, some black, some color. I'm trying to export this as a TIFF to my commercial printer. They requested 2 TIFF's, one with only the black on it and one with only the color on it, along with registration marks for alignment. Is there any way of exporting only objects that are black (or any particular color)? Is there another way to "skin this cat"?

I have a text box with both Black and one other color mixed in the paragraph. I also have other objects on the drawing, some black, some color. I'm trying to export this as a TIFF to my commercial printer. They requested 2 TIFF's, one with only the black on it and one with only the color on it, along with registration marks for alignment. Is there any way of exporting only objects that are black (or any particular color)? Is there another way to "skin this cat"?

I'm no expert on printers requirements but you could try the method in the attached .xar file.
    Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

One way of doing it is to change the other colour to either Cyan, Magenta or Yellow then create a bitmap copy and export it using my x-Port CMYK plug-in with the mode set to "Plug-in". This will produce a CMYK TIFF with all the black on the (blac)K plate and all the other colour on your chosen plate. As with all colour separations, the plates are actually greyscale, so it's just a case of telling the printer what colour you want.

Regards - Sean
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards - Sean

Is there an easy way to change all the objects of one color to another (such as changing all the objects on the color that I want to Yellow for use in the snap-in utility?)