Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Only a few minutes to modelize these simian heads and render them. The modeling tools are awesome to change quickly the expressions !

Kindly,
    ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	singes3.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	9263  

Well, thought hmmm, why the heck is Soquili getting a different reading than I did, so I double checked and here are the results... no different really... yup, it sure chews on that processor...

First one is with ZBrush 1.51 full version...

Name:	zb151systemstuff.gif 
Views:	177 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	1111  

Thanks Gidgit,

I will check it!

kindly,
    ivan

You may want to check this out a bit further Ivan... What happens is... when you open ZBrush to work with/on something, the moment the app is opened your processor is working 100%... until you close the app... it does not fall back down to say 30% usage or w.h.y. when you sit back to look at your latest procedure... the explaination given was this was a heavy duty intensive graFX app... sorry, that doesn't cut it... so is C4D, PS etc, yet this 100% usage does not occur with any other app, other than when it is really working on some task of course... naw, I heard about this bug, tested it out for myself, and yup... 100% with ZBrush open and me doing no tasks, just watching the resource meter...

Now, this said, I really don't have any idea whether or not this issue has been addressed with the latest release of 1.5, I have the first 1.5 release.... it is also interesting to note that this CPU usage problem cropped up in Poser a while back, to which they wrote a patch for said bug and voila... happy user group...

So I am now going to download the latest version and check it out... will get back to you on this... until then...

cheers

btw... cool grafx there Ivan

and a special thanx to Stu... who pointed this issue out to me a while back... damn you Stu hahaha , just jok'n.... but, if you have managed to save my wee processor then I owe you a beer bud [beer chugs to Stu ]

second one here is with the 1.55 trial... I dunno what this all means, but it sure looks like my processor here is working overtime...

hmmm...

Name:	zb155systemstuff.gif 
Views:	171 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	3550  

Hey thats pretty cool Ivan ...has the nasty Z brush bug that can over heat processors been fixed now?

Stu.

No problem Gidge ,you can thank Maya,thats where I got the info,then I thought hey you use Z brush so I passed it on.I didnt post in here because I didnt know enough about Z brush to back up my claims,and I have nothing against the app and didnt want to start a flame war because of it.

I am not allowed to drink bud,buuut I will accept the family car ..hahahaa

Stu.

Great looking simians Ivan.

ZBrush really is a CPU hog. Opened the system monitor then started ZBrush. The attachment is the graph during a very short modeling session in ZBrush.

Soquili

Name:	zbrush-cpu.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	16672  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Only a few minutes to modelize these simian heads and render them. The modeling tools are awesome to change quickly the expressions !

Kindly,
    ivan