Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Attempt

This was my first attempt at doing an automobile with Xara, I've been using it since CX 1.5. I've always been a little intimidated by the highlights and reflections involved in doing a car. Thanks to the help/comments here, I've made a good start, but the engineer in me sees some detail that needs changing every time I look at it.

The latest incarnation is below. I'm taking it into the shop/studio with the intention of removing the cooler rack and doing the full bumper.

I'm almost tempted to start a "The difference between artists and engineers using Xara" thread. Might be fun. Whaddya think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StudioRunner.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	14967  

Here's a "Homer" home project that should appeal to you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Look Here:
    http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/

That's great work Ric! Please post some more of your work for us to view. Ken Broome

Ric, thanks for the great car illustration and thanks for the link to the cold beer cooler site.
    Great fun! Neil

Wow Ric!

I thought the first one was really good, especially for a first try. Your second image is quite remarkable and very encouraging, thanks for posting!

Bob C.

for the kind words. If I ever am able to learn how to "draw" sand dunes, I will post it up.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I was on holiday in the mountains. Which might have been a good thing after hearing what happened to the poor, unfortunate young Russian man and woman at Hatteras (Avon) Monday. Where they were attacked by the shark, is about five miles from where the top photo was taken.

Ken, I just posted a new image to the Gallery in the thread called New Clock.