Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello.

I was wondering if anybody has experienced Webstyle not starting at all. I have tried re-installing, shutting down all applications, all firewalls, all antivirus stuff with no success. It simply will not run.

I am running Win XP Pro with SP2, P4 3.2 Mhz processor, 2Gb memory 320 Gb disk space and have had no problems other than Webstyle simply will not start running.

If I look at the tasks running, I can see Webstyle.exe in the list but it simply does not run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Casman.

I am having the same exact problem, any answers yet?

Martha's Web

Same problem --
    Xara Webstyle has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This has happend to me before and goes away in a few days then comes back again -- I can't find anything that is different about the system.

Any clues would be helpfull.

Sorry, no answer, but I am having the same problem.

I am using Webstyle Version 3 on XP Pro. When I was using this application on Win2000 in worked OK. It seems to be related to XP.

I have the same problem running Win XP Home SP1. Webstyle 4 shows up in the Task Manager processes, but does not open. What is so weird is that I have only just reinstalled to new hard drive... it worked before on the same computer! I have contacted tech support about the problem but as yet have not received an answer. If I do, I'll post here.

Default Re: Webstyle does not start

Some suggestions below

1. its possible msxml needs to be reinstalled. http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...629c/msxml.msi

2. Another possibility is that the dlls associated with the program did not register at installation time. The cause could be registry monitoring software or security software preventing the registration

manually register the DLLs required by the program. This should only be needed the once.

Ensure you are running with administrative privileges
    Assuming Webstyle 4 has been installed to the default location, type the following into the Run box, or a command prompt window:

Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\bincoder.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\templman.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\xaradocg.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\xmupload.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\bmpimporter.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\templop.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\xfontman.dll"
    "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\xwsindex.exe" /RegServer

Note that after each DLL registration, a message will be displayed indicating success or failure, but after the .exe file action, no message will be displayed.

3. Another program could be causing problems. disable programs such as spysweeper from startup. reboot your pc and then try to run webstyle

4. When the problem occurs, view your process list from the task manager. Close down xwsindex.exe and webstyle.exe Then try re-running the program

I have had the same issue. In my case, it appears that Webstyle 4 conflicts with Spy Sweeper. If I turn Spy Sweeper off, then start Webstyle 4, it loads fine. However, if Spy Sweeper is running, Webstyle 4 won't start.

Kimi

In my case I have DEP turned on for all and every program. Xara menumaker needed an exception and I guess it is the same with webstyle as the file TemplOp.dll is the same version and size.

this don't help
    don't work after comp. upgrade
    ----------------
    2003 server. with & without any Spy Sweeper
    ================
    hello from russia