Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

i'm trying to create a web using registered version of webstyle (i've also downloaded last update on 31th of january) .... i continue to have this problem: i create a page with front page 2002 (Italian Version) SAVE it ... launch webstyle using insert i.e. navbar ... then save it and come back to fp ... when i upload the web so created i cannot see all the object (navbar or other object) created with webstyle .... the support answers that:
    Looking at the source to your INDEX.HTML file, images are referenced to
    local paths (c:\Web\SoftwareLEGALE.gif? for example). This is caused by
    inserting the Webstyle object BEFORE you saved the HTML file within
    FrontPage. If you do not save a new web page design within FrontPage first,
    all the paths associated with the website are not known - hence both
    Webstyle and FrontPage use absolute, local paths.

But i follow exactly their suggestion with NO result .... why ? how to solve the problem ? thanks a lot Adriano

i'm trying to create a web using registered version of webstyle (i've also downloaded last update on 31th of january) .... i continue to have this problem: i create a page with front page 2002 (Italian Version) SAVE it ... launch webstyle using insert i.e. navbar ... then save it and come back to fp ... when i upload the web so created i cannot see all the object (navbar or other object) created with webstyle .... the support answers that:
    Looking at the source to your INDEX.HTML file, images are referenced to
    local paths (c:\Web\SoftwareLEGALE.gif? for example). This is caused by
    inserting the Webstyle object BEFORE you saved the HTML file within
    FrontPage. If you do not save a new web page design within FrontPage first,
    all the paths associated with the website are not known - hence both
    Webstyle and FrontPage use absolute, local paths.

But i follow exactly their suggestion with NO result .... why ? how to solve the problem ? thanks a lot Adriano

Hello Adriano

Sorry you are not having a good WebStyle experience.

Check back in a day or so and someone from Xara will try to give you an answer.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Hello, reading this post, like it tell so many others, Front Page is just Poo! That's as simple as i can get...

I've played around with earlier full-versions of FPage i.e: '98 , the server Webserver works shockingly and i've never looked back with Dreamweaver and Webstyle works fine with that... But W/Sytle isn't my cup o tea...

Seriously, if your posting pages and Creating layout, get Dreamweaver, easier and a hell'o of a lot powerfull stable..

-Dan

Adriano,

Sorry to hear that you were having problems with Webstyle 2.1. From your posting and further email we were able to diagnose the problem. This was a slight incompatibility with FrontPage2002 when saving the graphics into a FrontPage web. This problem has now been resolved in the latest download.

SimonK
    Xara Ltd

For providing that update.

Nice to have you here.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by simonk:
    Adriano,

Sorry to hear that you were having problems with Webstyle 2.1. From your posting and further email we were able to diagnose the problem. This was a slight incompatibility with FrontPage2002 when saving the graphics into a FrontPage web. This problem has now been resolved in the latest download.

SimonK
    Xara Ltd<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW... have there been any other bug fixes that your aware of?

Also could you please provide a link to this new file for registered users? I've been to the Xara site and can't find the NEW upgrade for registered users.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

Ed,

The download is in the usual place.
    http://www.xara.com/products/webstyle/
    It is the same version for registered users and new users wanting to test the trial. If you have already unlocked Webstyle 2.0, then Webstyle 2.1 will be unlocked once installed.
    There are instructions describing this on the page after it asks for your email address.

Versions dated earlier than 8th of Feb will exhibit the problems Adriano described above in FP2002. Anyone who is experiencing problems with a version dated earlier than that should try this version.

SimonK

Thanks Simonk for the clarification. Much appreciated and keep up the good work!

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

I made a post somewhere and I think I should have tried here. I received my CD yesterday and have been trying to upload a NavBar to FP2002. It works ok, but when I try to hyperlink a button, it hyperlinks the whole gif. What am I doing wrong?