Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • help

2 100.00%

Thread: Xara webstyle 2

I installed a demo version, i created a menu then saved as html, opened a new doc in dreamweaver, created a 2 rows 1 colum table- i wanted to insert the menu on the top cell, but could not.
    By the way i am new to dreamweaver
    am i doing something wrong?

I installed a demo version, i created a menu then saved as html, opened a new doc in dreamweaver, created a 2 rows 1 colum table- i wanted to insert the menu on the top cell, but could not.
    By the way i am new to dreamweaver
    am i doing something wrong?

I know it doesn't exactly answer your question, but I have found from experience that it is easier to create your buttons in XX or webstyle as if you were creating a rollover or whatever and then use the functions in Dreamweaver to create the javascript.
    This ensures uniformity of the javascript within your document for whatever purpose and makes it easier to change later on as well as giving you better control.
    Just copy your buttons from the project folder to your web folder and then use the javascript feature in Dreamweaver
    Tony
    Tony

I think you are right. but my question is still valid, what if i liked the one that supplied with XaraWebStale or any other wizard building Menus or buttons.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

AjIsCoool - Ultimately any utility that creates roll-over graphics creates images. Those images can then be used without using whatever coding the utility produced. It is usually pretty simple to identify the images from their file names. You can then use them with Dreamweaver or other webpage creation software. I find dreamweaver's approach to rollovers pretty easy to use. It includes the preloading of images which is important if the effects are going to opperate smoothly.

Here's an idea to try with roll-overs: You don't see this much but it is possible that animated gifs be used. On my site (offline as I write this) I have a animated gif that appears static but then flips every 5 seconds or so. On mouseover the roll-over coding substitutes a faster spinning version of the same image. The result is quite distinctive. The images for it were created in Xara and xara3d with coding in dreamweaver.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>