Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Clipart Gallery

When you drag or import Xara clipart from the gallery it's automatically put on a new layer labelled "clipart".

If you have your own file of art available through the gallery it is dragged or imported into the current layer.

I'm really curious as to why the CD clipart goes on a separate layer. I find it really annoying ...but maybe there is a reason?

Mickie

When you drag or import Xara clipart from the gallery it's automatically put on a new layer labelled "clipart".

If you have your own file of art available through the gallery it is dragged or imported into the current layer.

I'm really curious as to why the CD clipart goes on a separate layer. I find it really annoying ...but maybe there is a reason?

Mickie

Good point, Mickie.

Any Xara Ltd. folks lurking?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    me hoe ebb rivulets</a>

Thats the layer they were on when they were saved originally - try it with your own clipart.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

That makes sense Christine...but it is still annoying. It might be something for Xara to keep in mind the next time they redo their clipart.

Mickie

But I hope they dont change it. Not all of the clipart comes in grouped and to suddenly find you have a whole load of new objects in your drawing can be a bit of a headache. Having it on a separate layer at least gives you some chance to group it and move it.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

I don't use the Xara clipart that often, but I've never opened anything that wasn't grouped.

I have CorelGallery3 (14 discs with clipart and photos and search capability) that I use most often. Happily it drop/drags beautifully into Xara.

Hmmm....
    I just opened an eye from the anatomy section of the Xara clipart. It imported in three layers, so of course couldn't be grouped...and in this case the layers would be useful...now that's a good reason for importing on a separate layer(s)

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Thanks Christine for another discovery.

Mickie