Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,
    I hope someone can help. I'm very frustrated. Here's the problem: I know option + G will insert a copyright symbol in the title toolbox for a Mac. What is the shortcut used in windows? I was guessing: Alt + G but that didn't work. I've tried lots of combinations, but I'm not getting it yet. I no longer have access to the computer lab to use a Mac now that I'm alumni. So does a shortcut for a copyright even exist on Windows? I also tried the symbols and wingdings in the tool menu but I didn't see a copyright symbol. Thanks -shelly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

morrissette.org
    IP

Hi,
    I hope someone can help. I'm very frustrated. Here's the problem: I know option + G will insert a copyright symbol in the title toolbox for a Mac. What is the shortcut used in windows? I was guessing: Alt + G but that didn't work. I've tried lots of combinations, but I'm not getting it yet. I no longer have access to the computer lab to use a Mac now that I'm alumni. So does a shortcut for a copyright even exist on Windows? I also tried the symbols and wingdings in the tool menu but I didn't see a copyright symbol. Thanks -shelly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

morrissette.org
    IP

Alt+0169 should do the job in Windows (I just tried with the texttool in Photoshop).

(hold down ALT and type 0169)

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP

I'm still having trouble....thanks for replying, I'm using photoshop 5.5, on a hewlitt packard computer. Any other suggestions?.... -shelly
    IP

you need to hold down the alt key and then type in 0169 on the number pad area of your keyboard. (the other numbers wont work).
    Sometimes you also need to change to a different font to see your proper character...but the copyright is fairly universal so it should be there with most fonts.

You can find out all the extended keyboard thingies by opening up your keyboard charactermap (under accesories>system tools in your win start button...although I think it is under just accesories in win95). You can also copy and paste characters from this into your ap.

Beth

PS you might want to check for photoshop updates....I kind of remembers something about this with photoshop. Not sure if it was a bug or just someone who was not familiar with how you are to type in the numbers etc (as it is kind of strange)
    IP

Thank you for all of your help. I wasn't using the numeric keyboard. Everything's working now!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] -shelly
    IP