Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Every ISP in the whole wide world allows me to post a non-shocking message like I did about Real Draw Pro; a link to a good review with some teasing towards Xara X on my part (by the way: I use Xara as often as Real Draw).
    I don't understand why the moderators don't try to understand what the reasoning is behind the fact that all ISP's allow some freedom.

As soon as someone else gives his opinion about another product than Xara, it's flaming. Flaming start when somebody yells something, without any reasoning, any explanation. I post a message of a product that got good reviews and that was the reasoning behind it. The article explained itself and Ross thinks that that is flaming, sorry, but I really don't understand.
    Nobody ever got a change to react on the article. Nobody ever got the change to react on the also postive Xara X article. What I noticed the time I was on this forum, is that nobody is allowed to talk TOO positive about any other product. It's always Xara X this Xara X that and the rest comes way behind. It's called one mind thinking. It seems that the moderators are so extremely happy with this nice club of Xara friends, that they don't allow anything to happen that can pull them away. It happens in this forum, it happened in countries like Russia, Iraq, Cuba and so many other countries. I was born in a country that was one of the first to have a real democracy. People are allowed to give their opinions, are allowed to be themselves, are allowed to have their own religious, political or sexual preference. I don't close my eyes, I'm not scared to give my opinion and I'm not scared for the consequences. I want to be able to say what I have to say and I just don't want take the easy road and join the public opinion, because everybody else does. I will not be the kind of person that said at the end of WWII: "I didn't know". Sorry, but I have a hard time with people who just join the herd blindfolded.

That Real Draw Pro has nothing common with Xara X, is not true. I don't need to go to another forum because of that. People talk about a lot of other computer related stuff all the time that has nothing to with Real Draw Pro.

Every ISP in the whole wide world allows me to post a non-shocking message like I did about Real Draw Pro; a link to a good review with some teasing towards Xara X on my part (by the way: I use Xara as often as Real Draw).
    I don't understand why the moderators don't try to understand what the reasoning is behind the fact that all ISP's allow some freedom.

As soon as someone else gives his opinion about another product than Xara, it's flaming. Flaming start when somebody yells something, without any reasoning, any explanation. I post a message of a product that got good reviews and that was the reasoning behind it. The article explained itself and Ross thinks that that is flaming, sorry, but I really don't understand.
    Nobody ever got a change to react on the article. Nobody ever got the change to react on the also postive Xara X article. What I noticed the time I was on this forum, is that nobody is allowed to talk TOO positive about any other product. It's always Xara X this Xara X that and the rest comes way behind. It's called one mind thinking. It seems that the moderators are so extremely happy with this nice club of Xara friends, that they don't allow anything to happen that can pull them away. It happens in this forum, it happened in countries like Russia, Iraq, Cuba and so many other countries. I was born in a country that was one of the first to have a real democracy. People are allowed to give their opinions, are allowed to be themselves, are allowed to have their own religious, political or sexual preference. I don't close my eyes, I'm not scared to give my opinion and I'm not scared for the consequences. I want to be able to say what I have to say and I just don't want take the easy road and join the public opinion, because everybody else does. I will not be the kind of person that said at the end of WWII: "I didn't know". Sorry, but I have a hard time with people who just join the herd blindfolded.

That Real Draw Pro has nothing common with Xara X, is not true. I don't need to go to another forum because of that. People talk about a lot of other computer related stuff all the time that has nothing to with Real Draw Pro.

Your are here: TalkGraphics.com > TalkGraphics > Xara X >

Go here: TalkGraphics.com > TalkGraphics > New Gear

Which is "A place to discuss any new products/cool products, or interesting bits. Anything from plugins to full-featured products are open for discussion. Forum Moderator: Thomas.Sorrill, Ross Macintosh "

Ross won't lock your posts there, I'm quite sure.

And one more thing. Just please come back when you have something useful and related to this forum. E.g. some example of your work.

Peter.

I don´t know if you understand Norwegian. But if you do - this is the place for you http://www.forbanna.com/ , but if you don´t, there is an english alternative here http://www.angry.net .

Best wishes

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

but you've used or better saying abused this forum as a jumpboard for unwanted advertising. We are talking about XARA X here. If we should have the intention to search for other products, we can easily do it by using google.com or any other search engine.

You wanted to tell us that that RealDraw is better than X. In which aspect or feature? We already had Oscar here in this forum several weeks or months ago, promoting his software. I think this should have been enough. Many X freaks checked his applications. But obviously only few of them share the opinion of the jury.

This doesn't have to do anything with flaming. It's just a matter of good taste or 'feeling in the fingertips' as we say - which you definitely didn't demonstrate.

BTW, as long as you don't come up with any illustration that proves you can achieve better results with the other app, I'd like to ask you not to stirr up this forum. Keep in mind that there are some very excellent, experienced, world class artists, illustrators and designers in this forum who don't just use a software to be successful, but their brains (not brands!).

But please post your illustrations in another forum that's more adequate - like DMagician suggested: new gear or whatever will be available here.

Thanks a lot & have a great day!

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Your posting was not removed, the thread still exists as well as the link. It is just a closed thread. One which your now bypassing by starting this new thread. Real Draw Plus has had an excellent coving in this forum, not least from Ross.
    Very, very, few threads are closed by the moderators. This one just has the makings of a "My PC's better than your Mac" debate. Most members of the forum are aware of Real Draw Pro. Let's just leave it to the individual to decide which they prefer. It doesn't require debate.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Jens: "brains (not brands!)."

That's a neat formulation - I shall steal it and use it myself sometime! :-)

Now Jens, if you only could get your silly, knee-jerk anti-Adobe attitude out of your otherwise exellent head, you'd be living up to your own slogan. :-)

I have to agree 10% with Peter here - there ***IS*** an attitude in this XaraX Forum that "XX is the greatest and all else sucks." Few people are greater fans of XX than I am - and I have proved this in words and pictures many times over - but I do very well see its shortcomings in some important respects. I can even understand why a lot of Big-Time Graphics Pros are unable to take XX really seriously as a competitor for Illustrator & Freehand. (But I think I should leave that issue for another post another day.)

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Do I sense a slight arrogance in your words?
    I sometimes also choose to be a devil's advocate, just for the sake of providing some more space for a good debate, but in this case it's inevitable that it's not worth our energy. I think you also don't wish this forum turned to pathetic idle zone. This forum is nott about politics, it's about creativity.

Not arrogance, but self-esteem.

And a touch of James Whistler's "the gentle Art of making ennemies".
    The English were masters in that Art.

And it adds some 16million spices to the 256 of fact to fact postings.

I welcome all comments, even if they're not strictly relevant to Xara or if they're praising another product. Pointing out X's weaknesses or others' strengths is a good way to get improvements. The key fact, however, is that no matter how good other products are, this is a Xara forum and will remain so. If we all agreed that RealDraw is better than Xara X, this would still be the place to come for advice about Xara X. It's not ever going to become a RealDraw forum. Persistent advocacy of other products with no specific examples is a waste of time.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean