Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the info and link Panfer.

I haven't needed to post a URL before now, I just quickly typed in my last message and thought I would figure it out later.

I'll have an experiment with the UBBCode stuff in the test forums.

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

...hopefully I won't struggle with it much longer.

Su,
    Thank you for demonstrating what I want to do so well. That is exactly the problem I am having. I really appreciate the encouragement to keep working on it. I had not even run across the Clip View feature. That will come in handy sometime I'm sure.

panfer,
    Thank you for the link, that information my help me keep my sanity.

Ivan,
    It appears I'm in your debt again.

Thanks,
    Dale Fipp...

... glad I could be of help.

Yes I was amazed with Ivan's tip, I had a quick play with the technique and the unclosed lines actually remain as lines once they are filled. I thought that maybe they would become an unclosed line grouped with a separate filled shape or something. This is great because it means that, as you only have one object, editing it afterwards with regard to adding points, changing line shape etc is much easier, whereas if it had been a grouped line and shape it would have been more difficult to edit afterwards. Nice one Ivan and thanks again.

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

There are two methods shown in the XaraXone Tips of the Week on both page one (Sean's tip) and on Page 2 (Big Frank's tip).

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone