Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xara lives!

Xara's Marketing Director, Kate Moir, wrote me this today - and oK'ed "leaking" it to this Forum:

"we are all absolutely focussed on Webstyle 3, which we hope to launch in the next couple of days - and Xara3D5 which we hope will follow a few weeks later in June. They are working on a new version of XX."

So, that's great news!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Xara's Marketing Director, Kate Moir, wrote me this today - and oK'ed "leaking" it to this Forum:

"we are all absolutely focussed on Webstyle 3, which we hope to launch in the next couple of days - and Xara3D5 which we hope will follow a few weeks later in June. They are working on a new version of XX."

So, that's great news!

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)

That is great news Klaus [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Now if we could get a "kinda sorta" date on when it "may" be released or at least what they are planning on adding, fixing and all that. Now that would be REALLY great!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Happy, happy, joy, joy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Mmm, I don't know about you, but if they say that they are working on a new release of Xara X, but do nothing else than releasing Webstyle 2.0, then 2.1 and now 3.0 and also Xara 3D... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Just my 2 cents

Xara 3D 5, of which I have a copy, can now export ini Flash file format.

Here are some other cool features you can expect in Xara 3D 5

1) Create screensaver feature (in File)

2) Import style, from within the File menu. Allows you to copy some or all of the attributes of any existing file. The preview in the filer dialog shows you what your current heading would look like with those styles applied. You can select some or all of the attributes of a style.

3) Texture and texture attributes per character. These options can be set for either front or side faces as with colour.

4) Thumbnail views of X3D files in filer windows.

5) Six new bevel types

6) Button text colours per character

7) View frame. This allows saving and reloading of image size. The box-like icon on the toolbar.

8) Import and export of icons and cursors

9) Export of animated cursors

10) Setting of hotspot for cursors

11) Smaller GIFs

12) Full Unicode support under all OSs including W95 and W98

13) Move text around by holding down Alt and dragging.

14) Text editor now allows text to be zoomed in or out (use right mouse click). Text can also now be scrolled.

15) Most recently used menu count (hidden feature: in RegEdit set the value for the key "MRU count")

And more!

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

My compliments Klaus,

how did you get THAT out of Kate ???

Anyway, it's good news and a new version of X3D will keep me busy for some time until the new version of X is released ...

Wolfgang

New Format Support

16) Flash bitmap export

17) Flash vector export. The lightning flash icon on the icon bar takes you into Flash mode or if you've already created a heading gives a preview of how that will look when exported to swf, removing anything that couldn't be exported to Flash, such as textures and shadows and some bevel types (actually this might not have all been implemented yet).

18) Progressive option for JPEG export

New Animation Features

19) Import animation, from within the animation dialog and File menu. Allows you to copy the animation attributes of any already created file to a new heading. Opens at an animation folder which will include a collection of ready made files using all the existing animation types. The preview in the filer shows you what your current heading would look like with those
    animation attributes applied to it.

20) Quite a few of the animation options can be applied per character (minimum text size and shrink/grow options for example)

21) Time line. This allows the saving of any single frame of an animation. Alt+L will display it.

22) More pulsate animation options. Can now pulsate along a single axis and in a wave along an axis. The overlap option results in smaller animations (multi-page animations only).

23) Can also wave in rotate (2) and swing

24) Can rotate lights and text separately

25) New typewriter animation type

26) New ripple animation type

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Mmm, I don't know about you, but if they say that they are working on a new release of Xara X, but do nothing else than releasing Webstyle 2.0, then 2.1 and now 3.0 and also Xara 3D... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gaussian -- When you look at the improvements I listed for Xara 3D 5 I think you may wish to rethink your statement :-) And there is an equally impressive list of new features for Xara WebStyle 3 as well. They are not merely doing nothing.

Xara is currently working on some equally exciting new features for the next release of Xara X. You will have to trust me on this as I really am not at liberty to say more.

But you will not be disapppointed. Honest.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on May 21, 2002 at 11:27.]

So they are working on decent powerpack! ;-) X3d5, Webstyle3 (hopefully with own template editor ;-))) and XaraX! ;-)) It's not a bad strategy after all.. maybe developers should now get under the skin of PSD, AI and CDR files so XaraX will have the best import/export from all other vector packages and noone will ever hesitate to fully use it for development..

Wolfgang: "how did you get THAT out of Kate ???"

My charming ways.

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K