Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Hey fello Xarians, this cart is for a t-shirt design that is about to be seperated for print. I have to sep it tomorrow so I thought I'd post this & get some input beforehand.

It's 95% finished & the customer is happy with the everything but I think the wheels are off. Can't seem to put my finger on the problem but something is wrong. I'd like to fix the wheels before I seperate the artwork, but can't isolate the problems. The seats might be off as well. Could be a perspective or lighting thing. I'm really uneasy about this & have become blind to what's wrong. Just doesn't feel right.

Sky look familiar? Grabbed it from the dodge truck piece.

Any input will be appreciated. Rip it up ya'll, I the help!

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golf_cart.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	11813  
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Hey fello Xarians, this cart is for a t-shirt design that is about to be seperated for print. I have to sep it tomorrow so I thought I'd post this & get some input beforehand.

It's 95% finished & the customer is happy with the everything but I think the wheels are off. Can't seem to put my finger on the problem but something is wrong. I'd like to fix the wheels before I seperate the artwork, but can't isolate the problems. The seats might be off as well. Could be a perspective or lighting thing. I'm really uneasy about this & have become blind to what's wrong. Just doesn't feel right.

Sky look familiar? Grabbed it from the dodge truck piece.

Any input will be appreciated. Rip it up ya'll, I the help!

Thanks in advance.
    ----------- _~o

I'm sure its a perspective thing - or a lack of it! I'm sure with a tweak this will be even better.

Name:	buggy.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	2403  
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

wW
    Really nice – I’m a big fan of your work! I did a tractor a while back (attached) and also had some trouble with the tires. I still don’t like the image (my tractor) that much – something not right..

You may want to try some dark grey ‘highlights’ on the tires. Also adding flat areas on the bottom of the tires may make them look more convincing. You may also want to adjust/rotate the spokes on one of the two wheels – so they don’t look like copies. Regarding the tires on the far side, you could make them a little smaller and raise them up a little to help with the perspective. I had trouble making my tires look like they weren’t floating – I found that gradient shadows under the tires helped.

I would agree with you on the perspective of the seats. The seat, and seat platform furthest away needs to be moved back (right) a little. Also the seat furthest away needs to be smaller –I would say around 10% horizontally and 5% vertically. One last idea – a shadow line across the nearest seat and the further seat in shadow might work.

Again nice work! Hope this helps.

Steve

Name:	sample_x_09.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	8965  

Aww shucks Steve! I'm turning all red in the face

I like your tractor! I see what you mean about the tires though. At first glance nothing seems askew. But when you stare at the rear tire it starts to turn on ya. It's doing the same for my image as well. Could it be, we are too close to our work? Never satisfied? We can be overly critical at times eh? With your tractor, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's a solid image.

Since I'm printing on shirts, shadows tend to print darker so they are represented ligher. I'd like to see them darker & hopefully they will print darker as expected. (Actually, they never print as expected, will probably end up too dark...) So many variables

With screen printing, as the ink is being pushed hard thru the screens to get the solid black areas, gradients of that color suffer & become become darker-almost solid at times). Since I do have percentages of black they have to be ligher to compensate unless I can use a grey plate(which I'm not). In this case I have Black, Blue, Yellow & Red Orange to work with. Trying to get the most out of the 4 colors.

What happened to your avitar Simon? The perspective lines helped BTW.

Thanks ya'll, changes attached! Me thinks, me never satisfied?
    ----------- _~o

wW,

Very nice golf cart!

At first, I thought that the tires were just too big and black. Then, after looking at it for a while, I realized that the sidewalls aren't defined. Not that they wouldn't be black anyway, but there's nothing for your eye to "catch" on there, so it looks odd.

Also, the right front tire (the far side) is just a silhouette. It may be turned away a bit from absolute alignment with the near-side tires, but *some* tread surface might show.

Of course, I have no idea what this would look like on a t-shirt, so all that might be moot.

But whatever makes the customer happy...

Terry, don't doubt your observations because it's going on a t-shirt. What you say is correct. I've modified the tires to show some side wall & a touch of color on the back front tire.

Regarding the customer, They are thrilled with what I've done. I have issues with it so I figured a few slight modification would help. That's why I'm posting here. Thanks for the observations & input so far. Tires fixed & attached.
    ----------- _~o

Maybe you should fix the shadow too.

bEETLE! Thanks for the reply. Those tires really look balooned out. I'll have to make changes now & move that hi-light up. "Daaannnng!"(quote by NapoleonD)

Oh, the shadows will print twice as dark as what's shown (sometimes darker), caution must be used in those area's. Wouldn't want the wheel edges to get lost in the shadows.

"Seperations are more art form, than science", as I'm starting to learn - the hard way...
    ----------- _~o

wW
    wW,
    I like your picture so much.
    It seems to me you have to fix some details in your drawing.

Name:	tractor_send.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	7288