Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!col3.gif 
Views:	252 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	5203  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

I used the ellipse tool and drew two circles.
    The first circle was filled using the Colour Bar, and the second was filled using the Colour Editor. I slid the cross hair to a matching color to the first circle, then clicked the Tag icon and entered a name. Then I marquee selected both circles and selected the Freehand & Brush tool then clicked create brush.

I'm using v1.0c CD. I've tried on three different PCs. Two are running Windows 98 and one has Windows ME. Same results on all three PCs.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Egg,

Thanks for taking the trouble to detail making named colours for someone else, I just followed your little tut and it works a treat. Quite impressive actually, except that I had to create the shade of before actually altering it to be a shade. Changing the colour before hitting the name tag put the colour back to base when you did, but other than that it worked as expected.

Then when I change base - WOW! Can't think of a use for it at the moment but will have another play, and store it away for the future. May also have another play using named colours in brush design and see of this sheds any more light on my original question.

Thanks.

PS - Soquili - I am also using v1.0c from the CD.
    Alan