Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New Tablet

Hello, I just purchased a drawing tablet for my PC. I was wondering if there were any tutorials on using tablets or using brushes. If others who use tablets could post some tips or tricks it would be very helpful. Again, thanks goes out to all who are sharing there knowledge and skill.

John Furr
    St. Louis MO USA

Hello, I just purchased a drawing tablet for my PC. I was wondering if there were any tutorials on using tablets or using brushes. If others who use tablets could post some tips or tricks it would be very helpful. Again, thanks goes out to all who are sharing there knowledge and skill.

John Furr
    St. Louis MO USA

HI
    I don't use a tablet. But what kind did you buy? I know there are users here that use them. I am sure you will get some help.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

John

There are really no tricks to using a tablet, depending onn the make and sensitivity of the tablet, you learn as you go along. I use wacom tablets and find that when I need to trace something with the pen I place a sheet of paper to stop the pen sliding around too much. Nice to have a bit of friction when tracing very fine stuff.
    Its not quite as quick as a felt pen on paper but the wacom erally makes this computer a drawing tool.
    Its I suppose kind of like an art pad and pencil, ~ on acid..

Q.

The tablet I bought is an aipetek. I think that is how you spell it. I have it at home. It is the 8000 model 8 x 6 . I had a wacom in the past but it was smaller. This seems to work just as well as the wacom and it was only $99. Anyway, thank you for your replies.

John Furr