Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hi userz&developers! 8-)

Focus your eyes on CMYK XaraX bug. See attachment.
    http://www.ntsnet.ru/FAx/XX-CMYK-Bug.jpg
    For any PrintPrepress works - i need Import&Work CMYK images. (PSD, TIF)

XaraX(1.0c DL2)- incorrect import TIF and bugggly import PSD (crash, if you work with imported bitmap). People - What do think about this [cencored ^@$@$] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] ?! Im Vote for CMYK, for Real Color Managment, for Print, for Life! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

ps. XaraX can import Photoshop TIF with Transparent Channel. Set "Advanced TIF Options" and "Save Layer" in Photoshop 6.0

So!, FAx

[This message was edited by Fedor "FAx" Axenoff on April 27, 2001 at 10:39 AM.]
    russian ux designer
    faxenoff@gmail.com

"Fax", Xara didn't need to import CMYK bitmams to separate it like Corel Draw !!!
    Xara needed from 24bit rasters - RGB, and she make color conversion when you print it !!!
    Another question is how much exact, Xara make conversion... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    But from my experience, I can say that if you work on good calibrated monitor, printpreview of RGB bitmap, is maybe 90% accurate to real CMYK printout!
    For now Xara didn't give us control over CMYK conversion, or calibration of monitor, but some day in future, maybe we will have some "PRO" version with this controls !!!
    I suppose, that you are new In Xara's separation?
    And before rage again, please read for small HELP, all this is writen there !!!

Best regards
    minimiro/Bulgaria [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

P.S> I think that if you go back at topics, you will find more answers, on your questions with colors, separate from xara, CMYK, RGB, Spot colors, EPS export, Calibrating of template for color separation and etc..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"Fax", Xara didn't need to import CMYK bitmams to separate it like Corel Draw !!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im hate CDraw, but like XaraX. 8-)
    IM NEED work with CMYK bitmaps. make design for web, for color printing - ok. make EPS,PDF for prepress = trouble. (i know about PageMaker, Quark, but im thinking about "artistic work", not "page layout" 8-)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Xara needed from 24bit rasters - RGB, and she make color conversion when you print it !!!
    But from my experience, I can say that if you work on good calibrated monitor, printpreview of RGB bitmap, is maybe 90% accurate to real CMYK printout!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really mad! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Convert RGB->CMYK very difficult task. Photoshop can`t automatic make it 100% correct without manual work. For print to color printer - no need CMYK. Need good calibrate profile and monitor. But XaraX .xms color profile optimize for HP&Cannon office printers ONLY. This no good.. (May be, im say - Baaad!)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>For now Xara didn't give us control over CMYK conversion, or calibration of monitor, but some day in future, maybe we will have some "PRO" version with this controls !!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knock on the wood three times, miro... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I suppose, that you are new In Xara's separation?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You right. newbee in XX separation. ...and 6 years in other separation and prepress [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think that if you go back at topics, you will find more answers, on your questions with colors, separate from xara, CMYK, RGB, Spot colors, EPS export, Calibrating of template for color separation and etc.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thx, im read this forum last half-year.. and know all about this. i create some prepress work in XaraX without problems.. and without color bitmaps - only vector.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So!, FAx
    russian ux designer
    faxenoff@gmail.com

If you want to separate, vektors from xara, there's no problem...
    But if you want to separate raster.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] think that is better to do in classic way !!!
    There you will have control at all separate process !!!

...colegue.... so and I work like proffesional pre-press maker from six year...
    And for this six year have schance to make many, maaaaaaanyyyyyyyyy atempts in separate of rasters in Xara...(really corectly) since from Version 1.5 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com