Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Eye Study

I wasn't daring enough to try a face, but I submit for critique (and help) an eye with lid & lashes. What am I missing? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

~Dave!~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eye_study.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	1018  
    ~Dave!~

I wasn't daring enough to try a face, but I submit for critique (and help) an eye with lid & lashes. What am I missing? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

~Dave!~
    ~Dave!~

My mistresses' eyes are nothing compared to the Sun...

One image tells more than a million words.

Look at eyes, and wonder how it can be that people use these things to see with. Wow.
    Don't see a eye, see this shape as something strange, observe with attention. Look for the first time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eye.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	7395  

David

That's a pretty funky eyeball :-)

Perhaps you need to visit The June Tutorial?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    oh stub me believer</a>

Thanks, Erik, for the mini-tut on eyebal structure. I guess I got carried away with the fun of creation and forgot to think about reality.

Gary, I think I will go over that tutorial again (I know I've read it, but it's been a while). I'll get back to you guys when I get my eyes cleared...

~Dave!~
    ~Dave!~

What is more beautiful and satisfying as to get carried away with the fun of being creative?

You sound a little sad, and that is not necessary! No one will ever be able to draw a real eye, as there will be no one who can use the drawing to see with.
    Have fun, and be creative.
    And create your own reality!

Eric, sorry I didn't catch the relationship of "V3" and the width or whatever you were diagraming.

...Erik, was trying to show that as a rule of thumb the iris should be a third of the width of the eye (give or take a few eye-lashes).

It does not apply to the guy from "A Clockwork Orange" but for most people it would be a good starting point, I would think.

My eyes are always... to "pops" on the snap to grid... whatever I happens to be, at the time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

diri@videotron.ca