Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Text Preview

Does Xara have a preview in which I can see how whatever text it is can be seen using different fonts? Like how will it look with Arial or Times new roman before I apply it to that piece of text

Does Xara have a preview in which I can see how whatever text it is can be seen using different fonts? Like how will it look with Arial or Times new roman before I apply it to that piece of text

There is no text previewer as such in XaraX. The method I use is to have the text selected with the text tool then hit "esc" key (This selects the whole block of text) then change the font using the font style drop down menu. This is still a pain in the arse tho, as you keep having to select the drop down menu each time you want to try a new type face.
    Having said that I'm sure someone out there knows a better method.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Actually IMHO its not so bad. You don't have to have the text highlighted (which has the problem of displaying a negative image of your text making it a poor preview). Select the text so it only has the little corner handles. Then when you double-click on any font in the font gallery your selected text block will change. I find this to be a very acceptable preview because you see the font in the full context of your illustration. You can quickly and effectively preview fonts.

Interestingly, you can then toggle through the ones you tried using the undo/redo buttons.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

If you open the Font Gallery you can drag the fonts onto the text to see what they looks like. You get a preview of the general appearance of the font in the gallery and you don't need to select the text, the text object or even the Text Tool.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean