Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT but ROTFLOL

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

ok, maybe you've seen it somewhere else before, but I simply LOVE it.

Enjoy,

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aniGif.gif 
Views:	527 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	12693  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

ok, maybe you've seen it somewhere else before, but I simply LOVE it.

Enjoy,

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

I never used AOL, but have heard "things"...I guess this just really says it all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

jens,

You're a wild and crazy guy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nice to see you here again.

Bob C.

I'll take the 'You're a wild and crazy guy!' as a compliment - and yes, I really apreciate it ;-}

See me again? Huuuhhh, I'm always here, browsing, reading, enjoying. But for the last months I've been working in the industrial design area, and I've developed a software module that's on it's way to be patented (a result from my best hated job: coding). Not to forget the inverse kinematic girl which you can pose freely in 3D scenes. And the music I've composed, arranged and recorded for a movie (a short version is here: short version 'go for it' etc, etc, etc. To 'see' me - or better saying parts of my developments - check the 3D forum. Just posted one of several alternatives for a new vacuum cleaner casing I'm currently working on. Sure, I'm using X a lot for my presentations, but I don't think it's appropriate to post my stuff here or in the gallery just because I've added some text ;-}

I wish I had more time. Time to 'play' with Xara, but there is no way to stretch the days... But rest assured, I still enjoy this forum a **lot**. So many tips and tricks - it's the best forum for graphic design, illustration, layout etc for the best 2D software on the market.

In short words: I'm still busy, but with the 3rd dimension and hard coding. Keep your fingers crossed that I will have some time to spend to play with X again...

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

I was wondering what became of you? Never conversed but I appreciate your opinions, work and tips in previous posts and thought "wonder what happened to him"? Here you are, still, just silent and BUSY!!!! Nice to know you are still out there.

The second was your post, it's a great find. I HATE AOL and I don't use that word very often. They are, I would probably offend someone if I used what just came to mind, so it's like the devil with a smile on his face and false promises. I have had many friends that have just recently gotten into the computer scene and they were already brainwashed, but not after I got through with them. Earthlink is what I use, they aint' perfect but they are affordable and no B.S. So that's what my 'newbie' friends are using too.

Thanks for the animation.

Now if we could only find Big Frank [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

jens:

A very funky song. Do you have any formal music training?

And yes I did see your slick Vacuum Cleaner design and wheel modification, very nice. You do indeed seem busy but I hope you can find the time to post here too.

Did you ever make and market the beautiful Salt 'n Pepper shakers you designed?

Bob C.

thank you jens, for making my day!
    Tony
    Tony

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>A very funky song. Do you have any formal music training? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. None. Rien. Nada. Nichts dergleichen. I can't even read musical annotations (correct expression?). Play an intrument? Hell, my fingers are too short to play a guitar ;-}

The only thing I have is a feeling for rythm and harmony. So I hum what I have in mind, the overall theme and rythm, or let the musicians play what I hum or have clipped somewhere. Then I record the clips and puzzle them together until I have what I want. Kind of arranging the snippets on a keyframe line, like cutting movies (I've been working for a long time in the movie industry - no, not video, real 35mm film).

Simple, isn't it? Of course at first the people show a grin when I tell them how I approach it, but then they start to listen and show enthusiasm. And best of all: the result is worth the effort ;-}

If you would like I can transfer another one to my server and post a link here...

Salt & Pepper shakers: not the ones I've presented here, but other ones. But I didn't market them, I sold the design to a company/manufacturer, and he is producing the stuff. Do they sell well? No, because they are kind of expensive...<sigh> Maybe I should go for some cheap 'n plastic stuff to hit the mass market. But no, that's not what I really want.

So I'll stick to generate ideas - can't stop it anyway unless someone will tell me where I can find the switch to flick ;-}

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

jens:

It is difficult and expensive to design, manufacture and market a product. Seems you did exactly the right thing in this case - selling what appears to have been an appealing design to someone else to make and market! Can you post an image of that final concept?

And sure I’d like to hear more! I have Ulead’s MediaStudio Pro and among the other (Video, Paint, etc.) things it does well is edit audio on 3 tracts, I believe. I don’t have a video capture card ATM so I havn’t used it for some time! I did use it for recording cutting, pasting, offsetting in time for a funky echo etc. I think I understand your technique!

Bob C.