23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xara

20 86.96%
  • Paint Shop Pro

2 8.70%
  • Other

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am interested in the response of fellow designers as to their preference of graphic software. For several years I have used Paint Shop Pro, and recently I purchased Xara 3D. I have been very pleased with the results of Xara's program and was wondering if their graphics program has produced higher results than other such software. That is the reason for this poll, so please vote for your prefered one. Thanks!

Triangle

I am interested in the response of fellow designers as to their preference of graphic software. For several years I have used Paint Shop Pro, and recently I purchased Xara 3D. I have been very pleased with the results of Xara's program and was wondering if their graphics program has produced higher results than other such software. That is the reason for this poll, so please vote for your prefered one. Thanks!

Triangle

I would be surprised if anyone here does not use at least two - one vector and one bitmap tool.

I suppose you could ask for a relative satisfaction rating. In my case the score for XaraX would be higher than PSP, but the former is more focused and therefore has a better chance of being good at what it does. PSP's wandering off into the vector field does not seem a good idea.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

&nbsp
    I use Photoshop for raster images, and Xara X for vector images.

For professional graphics for the web, PSP fell short for me, and I've never regretted the money I spent, or the time I've had to devote to learning Photoshop.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Are you asking about Xara X or Xara 3D when you say Xara?

Simon is right on the Euro when he supposed most users use several applications.

Compared to other vector software, CorelDRAW, Illustrator, Canvas, and FreeHand I'd rate Xara X #1 for speed and ease of use. The other applications all have more features than Xara X and at the same time most of the features I never use, and they other guys eat up a much larger portion of your hard drive.

I'm predudiced of course, but if I had to pick that one graphics software application to take with me to that fabled desert isle, it would have to be Xara X.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Triangle

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

You have one vector program and one basically bitmap program. If you really want to do a poll you need to have a list of vector programs and a list of bitmap programs.

In my opinion bitmap programs that try to include vector are pretty much are a huge disappointment. As Simon so justly said if you are serious you will have one or more vector program and one or more bitmap program.

Any program that trys to to be all inclusive is going to be so bogged down and slow and and wll be a huge disapointment to users.Which is why dedicated users of Xara do not want it to be a everything graphic program.

Personally I use Painter (which is the program that Paint Shop Pro tries to minic) and Xara. To me it is a very happy marriage.

Judi
    P.S. PSP is a good program.

My Stuff

Hi Triangle,

I agree with the others. Comparing vector apps and pixel apps are like comparing apples and oranges. I use Xara X for all my drawing. I have PSP7, but use it very little/rarely.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I use Xara X more than any other program. After that I use Photoshop 6 and sometimes I use the animation shop from Paint shop pro. But I can do most of the things I need to do in Xara X. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I use a combination of, Corel Xara, Photoshop6, Photopaint7, CorelDraw7, Bryce4, Poser4 and Raydream 5.5 at this time.