Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I created a Logo with a text saying underneath the logo, it looks great on the screen, but when I print or export it to any format it is blurry and jagged. Any suggestions?

I created a Logo with a text saying underneath the logo, it looks great on the screen, but when I print or export it to any format it is blurry and jagged. Any suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I created a Logo with a text saying underneath the logo, it looks great on the screen, but when I print or export it to any format it is blurry and jagged. Any suggestions? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First let me welcome you to the Xara Conference Intowishn.

I wonder if you need glasses? (Just kidding)

Are you creating your image at a zoom factor of 100%?

When creating images for the web make sure you look at them at 100% to determine how they will look on the web. If your text is under 10 points, Xara has to anti-alias (smooth) your type considerably to make it readable. Xara anti-aliases all text. Try setting your View Quality to Normal (Window > Quality > Normal)you'll see what your text looks like when it is not anti-aliased.

If your type is smaller than 10 point (this varies from font to font) your text is going to be fuzzy and harder to read. The reason is simple, there are just fewer pixels at that size to render your text.

Also if your text is a color on a colored, or worse, a bitmap background, it's going to be even fuzzier.

This help?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on June 19, 2001 at 12:38.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuzzy_type.gif 
Views:	326 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	16906  

Yes, this does help!! Thank You, I will try these suggestions. Mainly I am trying to export the image as jpeg, giff, bmp, etc... So, I can use it on my documents, but when printed, it is always blurry. Kinda frustrating, because when printed from within Xara it looks spectactular.

Al

Intowishn...

re: printing

if you export as a jpg and other compressed formats the quality will become rather compromised jpg's are notorious for making dark areas rather 'blocky' and patchy and will certainly create speckles around any text [noise]i would suggest always save as a BMP or some other uncrompressed format if this is what you are experiencing, also what type of paper are you printing onto? if you are using an inkjet then ordinary laser paper will print awfully...and of couse you must make sure your printer is set to the optimal value as the default settings are usually a somewhat draft mode...hope you get sorted
    cheers
    eric [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]