Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aarrgghh!!!

Help!

Is it just me, or is it impossible to change the colour of more than one shadow at a time? I'm probably missing something very simple, butI can't seem to do it. Anybody wanna point out how much of an imbecile I'm being? (where's Peter P. when you need him?) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Dave!~
    ~Dave!~

Help!

Is it just me, or is it impossible to change the colour of more than one shadow at a time? I'm probably missing something very simple, butI can't seem to do it. Anybody wanna point out how much of an imbecile I'm being? (where's Peter P. when you need him?) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Dave!~
    ~Dave!~

Dave

Are you asking if you can select three objects with shadows and change their color all at the same time?

If so, I think the answer is, no, you cannot do that.

You can change a shadow color (and fill by the way, including any of Xara's fill types), copy it and then Paste Attributes to any other shadow. But only (so far as I know) one at a time.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    burl me to beehives</a>

I may have misunderstood the question, but this is how I might do it. Create a named color called shadow and apply it to all your shadows. Editing this color will now be reflected in all the shadows.

Am I correct to say that the following is untrue? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

~Dave!~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a_tip.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	7599  
    ~Dave!~

I just created three objects and applied a shadow to each. With the Shadow tool still selected, I clicked on one of the shadows (status bar shows it selected). I then held down the shift key and clicked on (selected)the rest of the shadows. (reflected in the status bar; it says three shadows selected) Next I clicked on a color and all the shadows changed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

for me - by holding down shift and selecting multiple shadows.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

When I have 800 shadowed objects selected and I change the shadow color using the drag-and-drop method, only the one shadow I drop the colour onto is affected. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Dave!~
    ~Dave!~

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When I have 800 shadowed objects selected and I change the shadow color using the drag-and-drop method, only the one shadow I drop the colour onto is affected.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would make sense. Even though you have multiple items selected, the drag-and-drop will only affect the part you're dragging the color to. This applies to objects as well as shadows. For multiple changes, you'll have to click on the color you want to change all the objects to.

I understand what you are trying to do now, and you are correct. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I don't know if this lends itself to your design, but a possible workaround is to remove all shadows, group everything, and then apply the shadow. Then, you can click on one of the shadows and change the color of all the shadows. But, it only works if you group them before applying the shadows.