Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tulip & Friend

Don't worry Borlip, once he get's to the forum, he'll be the only non-pro there! I love your image so I've just decided on ignoring his comments. I do believe in CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, not harmful, and that's exactly what it was, some excuse to raise his self asteem, maybe bacause of a problem in the family, his mommy or daddy, or maybe his lack of talent. So just let him enjoy is "ego boost" if you will and ignore him! Because he's still checking these forums so he can find a chance to start another imature childish fight to make him forget about whatever childhood problems he had growing up. Great image, and I am anxious to see further improvements. Bye [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

But yes, partially I agree with you.

Wow, Borlip,

Were you trying to pull some subliminal trick with the naked woman sunbathing in the background? I need to start paying more attention to the fine details of your work! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I admit that I am not the best example of restraint, but Peter, I believe you are out of line.

This conference is for sharing examples of images created in Xara, of all levels of experience talent, and for getting help as well as feedback and support from the other members of the community.

No, you are not obligated to show us examples of your creative talents. But at the same time, making snide remarks about other people's images is rude and uncalled for.

Since you brought up the subject of freedom, does Borlip not have the artistic freedom to show his light-hearted and delightful rendition of tulips? Of course he does. And of course you have the freedom to make rude remarks. It is just that rude and snide remarks are not going to help anyone improve their talent (which is one of the things we try to do in this conference) but rather might cause someone to be embarrassed and not post any more images (which is what we try NOT to do in this conference).

Peter, and everybody else, let's make an effort to get along and show a little maturity and respect for one another. OK?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

be rib hem evolutes

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Funny thing: I rather liked Peter P's explanation of his dislike for the tulips! I wish he would have just said that in his earlier post and I wouldn't have felt obliged to call him names. I'm slightly embarassed that after close to 1300 posts, Peter's was the first time I lost 'my cool'. Of course I suspected he was just trying to get a reaction - but I felt a response was needed. I hope in my next 1300 posts I never feel as angered.

Now I must go looking for those womanly hills [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>