Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi everyone. Ive got some experience in 2d graphics, but i recently wanted to get into making 3d scenes/landscapes. I was wondering if anyone here had any advice as to what applications would be good to start out on.

As i said ive never done 3D, and would like something thats relatively easy (not a huge learning curve) given my experience.

Much appreciated,
    KS

Hi everyone. Ive got some experience in 2d graphics, but i recently wanted to get into making 3d scenes/landscapes. I was wondering if anyone here had any advice as to what applications would be good to start out on.

As i said ive never done 3D, and would like something thats relatively easy (not a huge learning curve) given my experience.

Much appreciated,
    KS

Well, I don't do too much of the scenery stuff myself per say ( none really ), however I have seen some very nice worx by a few member's here at "TG", who are using Terragen ...

Ya i agree, Terragen is a great app to start with. And after you've learned a bit about what goes into creating goods scenes, Vue d'Esprit is my recommendation.

If you need any help with Terragen let us know. There are a few of us here that use it. And i've been using it since it came out.
    There's also a great tute site under the RESOURCES link on their homepage. Carol something is the girl's name who wrote them.