Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3minutes

this started as a straight forward drawing exercise but as I was doing it became something I see as rather melancholic. Not sure why but we all need to wallow in it every now and again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asd.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	327  

this started as a straight forward drawing exercise but as I was doing it became something I see as rather melancholic. Not sure why but we all need to wallow in it every now and again

in the two side bars, you need to add a bit of shading to the 'top most' lower rings, otherwise it looks too 2-D.

Don't know what the black bits of paper (maybe a burnt leaf) but it adds to the atmospher. Excellent.

And a question is there a suggestion we will all loose our marbles in the last three mins [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] . I know, I know, your were just experimenting with ideas. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Turan

Art is one of the best therapies around. And your session appears to have been very productive. Very artful image. Trying to do sand is hard.

My wife woke up when she was a very small child to find her mother in her room and her electric blanket smoldering, about to burst into flames.

She never talked about it, but as school, her teacher told her mother that Mary had been painting images with fires burning. Her right brained way of dealing with what might have been a very tragic event.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

You were right about the wooden bars at the side. I'd basically got lazy and stopped. Tried to improve that now.

Gary

you are right about the therapy aspect of art. I don't know what I'm getting out of me but it's gone whatever it was and I do feel better. Wish I new what I'd got off my chest.

[This message was edited by masque on September 27, 2001 at 12:36.]

Did you update that picture? small touch made it ten times better.

Know what you mean about getting tired.

Turan

I also pulled apart my paper-clip chain, hence the clutter and put a leaf on top to help ,(I hope) clear up what was at the bottom of the picture. Also overnight a spider visited.
    I still don't know what it's all about however, it's funny how these things can grow out of control once you start and begin to dictate the end product with out you hardly having a say in whats going on.

Masque, there are so many levels here. It has all sorts of details but is suggestive too. The atmosphere is haunting. You have built a fine work, super - Neil

Hi masque,
    I like your leaves and this magical sand. Fine picture.
    A night is time of magic or maybe magic of time. Anyhow in three minutes time will stop.

Maybe that spider
    Is internet provider.
    The sand drops like rain
    And you have to pay again.

WOW ! i kno i am only 14 and new the Xara but that is really GOOD ! how the heck ? great job !

Ross Allen

Smile, it makes people wonder what your are thinking.... or just tell them...
    Well, I know that i won't...