Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Size problem

sounds worse than it is. In all my info boxes that come up like printer, warnings etc the font has gone bigger.Everywhere else it is normal. On some the words do not fit the box. At the same time this happened Xara started to print bigger than what shows on the screen. So if I have a 5 inch Square it will come out 6 inches. Other programs are okay. I am using Win 2000, any help appreciated.....tao

sounds worse than it is. In all my info boxes that come up like printer, warnings etc the font has gone bigger.Everywhere else it is normal. On some the words do not fit the box. At the same time this happened Xara started to print bigger than what shows on the screen. So if I have a 5 inch Square it will come out 6 inches. Other programs are okay. I am using Win 2000, any help appreciated.....tao

Sounds like it could to do with the font settings in the display properties.

Right-Click on the desktop and click properties. Then go to the Settings tab.

Click the Advanced button, and look at the settings on the General tab. There's a DPI, or font size setting. Try adjusting that, or setting it to Normal Size which is 96dpi.

If it's already set to that, then the problem lies elsewhere. Has anything changed recently? New hardware/software?

I will try that. My other problem was the printing which I found out was in my print option. The 'best fit' box was ticked which kept making my job bigger than on the screen measurement. Ah well it is fixed now...thanks Roger