Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Quiet here!

Just playing around.
    Arnold
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test3radiosity.gif 
Views:	208 
Size:	170.7 KB 
ID:	2359  

Just playing around.
    Arnold

Very nice modelling! I don't know about others here, but I'm temporarily staying away from graphics stuff to give my eyes some rest. This 3D stuff is more taxing for me than 2D. And I'm kinda out of ideas to try out for now . I guess you could put a layer of fine dust on your pic and that would give you an idea on how my desk looks right now...

Yes, nice work Arnold.

My eyes just want me to convey something though about the shadowing going on in the scene. And something tells me you're aware of this too, but...

The monitor isn't casting a shadow, but the book right beside it is.
    The inner edge of the monitor frame needs to be a little more pronounced. My eye's aren't believing the thickness of that frame edge.
    The shadow given to the paper on the wall should be reduced a good deal. It's way too soft and large. Sharpen it up and reduce the size.
    The mouse also needs to be throwing a shadow.

In general what i'm getting at is... the scene is well designed/created... but appears 'flat' to the eye because of the lack of shadows to create depth in the objects; in relation to their environment.

That make sense?

Perhaps try a different (warmer) lighting setup?

nice playing around Arnold.... It is good to see you are having fun with the 3D... Of mice and men, one of my all time fav classics