Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Say it ain't so

The more agressive something/someone becomes, the more it's/he's/she's frightened.
    mac was good for graphics from the start, PC had to grow. mac is a closed system, PC has always been open, and the hardware concurrence gave it wings.
    I'm afraid that Apple is losing slowly, and I wouldn't have a Wintel monopoly at all! But an Apple monopoly would not be my choice either...

Besides: the G5 may well come with Intel CPU's, and OSX may well get a PC twin...

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...ine=1019851685

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on October 25, 2002 at 12:04.]

...Erik has a very valid set of points here, and I have often contiplated Ivan's theory here... then there is the "Who cares as long as you are happy view" ...which I likes the best [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hello

I was never a fan of the old Apple OS, but the new
    OSX is really good.

I am tempted, but it is the cost of replacing all my software and plugins, that stops me. I could run Xarax and Ofice in emulation, but it would be silly to run Photoshop 7 like that.

Mike Engles

then you have both versions on the CD.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Hello

That's the first I have ever heard. I don't think it is so, because the Windows installable files are 434 MB, so there cannot be enough space on the CD for a Apple OS install as well.

It would be great if it were true. I know i can get a cross grade fro about the same price as a upgrade.

Mike Engles

Sorry. You're right. My copy does say windows. Must have been wishful thinking. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

I am biased...I started doing video on an G4 at work back in 98. Because of their ability to be ahead of the curve on this, I almost bought one for home, pulled back after a botched order. I have found that my PC does everything my mac did; however macs were simpler to hookup.

The cruddy thing was I had to buy all new software for my PC event hough I had the full version for the mac. I could not even swap it for my PC! but that is a vendor thing.

Lastly, I want Intel to make processors for Apple because I work at Intel and want the added business [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

For me, the missing link is Xara. If Xara goes to Apple, I could care less what box I have on my desktop, they are,a fter all, just tools.

Milt

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Bill Gates should feature me in an ad. I'm a recovered Mac-Addict. I'm a real Macintosh who switched from using Mac's when I discovered Xara. Actually, I used to run Xara on a 486 Dos card installed in my Powermac. The Apple Dos card was total crap (Apple should be ashamed for their flawed engineering on that) and to continue using Xara I had to get a PC. I'm happy.

(If I could afford both platforms I'd likely have both on my desk --- that's the old Mac-Addict in me coming out).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>