Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I've just found out for myself how well Xara can stitch together photographs to make panoramic scenes.

It was a nice day so I decided to take 5 photos from the doorstep covering 180 deg. I'd usually stitch them together with Corel but Xara is much more flexible and quicker!

--
    Graeme
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pana900.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	13571  
    Graeme

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

what a coincidence: I just read an article about photo stitching software in the leading pc magazine yesterday: none of them is really usable. I had to smile because I've always used X for photo stitching. Your scene is fantastic and shows how fast and hasslefree you can work with Xara in comparison to those 'automated-do-it-all-with-one-click' apps ;-}

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

I really surprised myself when I took it into Xara as none of the downloaded images had the same exposure. Regretably the camera doesn't have an exposure lock and I found it firing the flash in an effort to fill in the shadows behind a sunlit bush - to little effect, of course!

I was largely able to fix most of it in Xara though. It took all of 10 minutes in total, a good half hour less that it took in any other package I've tried before! Xara's just a gem [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

I have done quite a lot of photography, but never panoramic. This gets my juices flowing to try it out sometime.

I can only barely see the seams in the sky. Wow!

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

One thing I tried, which saved me lots of image rotation corrections, was to set the camera on a fully levelled tripod.

I'm fortunate that I've got an astronomical tripod with spirit levels on it and a large flat surface on top. I didn't have to correct the sea horizon at all between frames!

I did a 360 a while back (I don't have the image anymore) and it was the strangest of things to look at!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

My friend has a panoramic head for his tripod, but I don't have a spirit level mounted on my tripod. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I will see if I can borrow his panoramic head and take a few shots. I can always bring a few of my levels with me, and see if I can make them work with the flat part of my quick-change tripod head. This could be fun!

I'll post some pics if I try this.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

This photo that I took a few winters ago from our north deck and stitched together in Xara.

As I recall, I did modify the sky.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Name:	panorama_north.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	4437  

Is that Risto in the foreground? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

- Lewis Carroll

This was done in Elements. It will do auto arranging, but it cannot handle the file size of the photos. I always have to reduce the data to 25%. Xara X seems to handle the images much better. Many times I have had to manually arrange the images. Especially true in the verticle alignment. There is still that problem with the difference in the image colors and brightness. Making an image somewhat transparent would assist in the alignment. Most of the things I did were off position. Once the image was assembled, I cropped to eliminate the irregularities. Things that are moving are difficult. I did an assembly of boats in the harbor. It looked still, but the mast were everywhere. This was great for getting a full image of something like a tall tree. Rich

Name:	forest9.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	17688  

I took around a 5 pic panoramic at the top of a mountain in Ecuador. I'll have to find a way to scan it and piece it 2gether.

Richm that pic is gorgeous!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-