Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

Thanks Gary, I know I've seen it before but I'll take another look. Pretty impressive still!

DC
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>

Wow Johoro!

That is simply stunningly beautiful!

Mags

Thanks for all the kind words everybody, I really appreciate it.

Attached is a screenshot in Xara of the drawing. As you can see, I use clipview to achieve the effect. I draw a "container" object over the intersecting portion of the letters, then clone the name that I want place in the container, move the clone back one level, select the container along with the clone, and apply Clipview. I then have to select the container object and change the fill and outline to null.

A couple things I've picked up along the way have proven very helpful. I choose one name to use as my "cloning" name and stick with it for the whole drawing. More importantly, before I even start the drawing, I name a color in the same name as each individual. This allows me to easily select every clone of each person's name and change colors, change bevels, add shadows, etc.

I've tried spelling out the whole date and it just didn't look right. I felt like all that text was detracting from the main object -- the linked names.

Thanks again.

.joroho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joshua_Sara2.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	17043  
    Wise men still seek Him.

I think the font change on the date works. It's far less jarring than the other font.

Mickie