Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have the images in different frames, timed the way I want them, but I'm wondering can you even add effects in XaraX? I want the first image to fade out, and the 2nd to fade in, any ideas?

Thanks everyone,

FutureLEO

I have the images in different frames, timed the way I want them, but I'm wondering can you even add effects in XaraX? I want the first image to fade out, and the 2nd to fade in, any ideas?

Thanks everyone,

FutureLEO

Anybody know how to add effects or transitions to animated gifs?

I would really appreciate the help...I've got a trial version of Xara X, trying it out, seeing if its the one I want to purchase, I would like to know how to do this...thanks.

FutureLEO

Sure you can do transitions with XaraX. Just add additional frames for the steps of the transition. Here is an animation that I created all in XaraX.

dafipp
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VPP_ANIMATION_small.gif 
Views:	369 
Size:	183.4 KB 
ID:	19357  

Ok I have 2 images, I want the first image to fade out...and then the second image to fade in...so I have to add additional frames and say make it a little faded, then more faded, them more, then gone and then bring the new one back in alittle, then alittle more, then all the way...I have to have more frames for that, I figured there was some kind of effect you could place on the images to make it work?

FutureLEO,
    That's exactly what I did with my puzzle after it was complete I began making it transparent a little more each frame until it was all gone and then started building the star. I didn't find any setting to automate the transition. Here is the xar file that you can pick apart.

dafipp
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif
    Attached Files Attached Files

Flash is better for this and you can create the images in Xara, export them as Flash files and add the animation in Flash.

But you can also create the same effect in Xara. Just do it a frame at a time in the Animation window and add your transparency in each frame.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

If you want a good flash creation app that's less expensive and easier to use than Flash, take a look at SWiSH. I usually create images in Xara and import them into SWiSH to create animations. (Haven't tried exporting from Xara as flash, since I don't usually do animation in Xara.)

BTW, dafipp, your puzzle is pretty cool.

Allison
    The export as Flash from Xara is not worth while, at least in vector format, as too many faces are lost in the process. Bitmap option is better, but defeats the object file size wise.
    I do as you do and export the shape from Xara as a .swf and use Flash to do the animation.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks everyone...well I think its awesome that in Xara you can do it step by step like that...I'm beginning to like XaraX...

Thanks everyone, you've been great...

FutureLEO