Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Illustrator 10

I know this is a Photoshop forum,but have a unique situation, I have a friend who has Illustrator and wanted him to do some work for me.His Illustrator will not load completely, it loads the tool palete and the paletes on the right side, but does not load the drawing area and the tool bar up top, cannot see the filters or any optios up on the top. His background sceen shows but not the Illustrator screen. Wierd, told him I knew nothing about this problem. Any help?
    IP

I know this is a Photoshop forum,but have a unique situation, I have a friend who has Illustrator and wanted him to do some work for me.His Illustrator will not load completely, it loads the tool palete and the paletes on the right side, but does not load the drawing area and the tool bar up top, cannot see the filters or any optios up on the top. His background sceen shows but not the Illustrator screen. Wierd, told him I knew nothing about this problem. Any help?
    IP

Sounds like something is corrupted.
    He needs to reInstall.

If it persists, he needs to visit the Adobe AI board and seek some answers from their tech guys.
    IP

I think I needed to first select File/New to start a new drawing and then everything worked fine.

I don't know why but my Illustrator 10 does not default to starting a new image when I start the app. Maybe there is an option to do so in preferences.

Since I use Xara X for 99% of my vector work I don't know Illustrator very well, so sorry if this is way too obvious.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    IP

Thats a good way to go ,but there is no file option, all the options do not appear at the top, just the puter background screen and the mentioned tool options, called him and he said he reinstaled and still no good, may be a puter problem with him, thanks for reply all.
    IP