Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So what does us non-members do when the current beta runs out. I really need a working copy of Xara X and I'm going to face huge problems without one... please tell me that they're not just going to leave us stranded until the release version comes out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael

Xara is hoping to have the shipping version available before the 20th. This is not for certain, but they are shooting for that date.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Not a way for Xara to thank those who bought Xara X directly from Xara way back in September though.

------
    This is not being done to slight non-members but for security reasons. ??
    ------

example?? XaraX is not secured, so the release candidate will be patched easily & will be spread without a time limit before official release ?

...is that Xara wants to get just a few more comments on this close-to-final version, so rather than have it downloaded massively from a publically open URL, and be flooded with comments, they have chosen to make it available to the much smaller number of folks who have purchased Xara from i/us. From my perspective, this indicates they're pretty confident that they're getting close. Also that they highly value the feedback from the i/us Xara community. Why not give them, and us, the benefit of the doubt?

Regards

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>
    http://www.i-us.com/images/sig.gif
    </blockquote>

=========
    My understanding...is that Xara wants to get just a few more comments on this close-to-final version, so rather than have it downloaded massively from a publically open URL, and be flooded with comments, they have chosen to make it available to the much smaller number of folks who have purchased Xara from i/us.
    =========

The reasoning is understandable, but it is probably not the best "public relations" move...

Why not make the RC download available for all, then publish a private *email* address that only the smaller number of i/us folks can send comments to?

I'm sorry if we've offended some non-Insiders. I know you're all dead keen to get your hands on the final version but don't worry, Insiders or otherwise, you really haven't got long to wait now.

Gary and Chris have identified a couple of our concerns. Firstly public betas can lead to 50 emails reporting the same problem and simply processing the feedback can take time - which we haven't got. And secondly, as you might imagine, we're keen to minimise the risk of seeing hacks of the final version out there before we've even released it!

Kate

Kate Moir
    http://www.xara.com
    http://www.buyfonts.com
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

I really don't think there is any need for concern.

You must remember that testing/using software and reporting problems/bugs is NEVER ending.

I'm sure also that Xara has made it vary easy for users to report bugs and ask for enhancements / feature requests. All contacts are built into the help system.... and a great help system it is with on-line context sensitive Multimedia help. An industry leading help system.

I'm willing and ready to buy the final product today from Xara. After having recieved XaraX and worked with it for a while I will continue to offer suggestions and to report bugs to Xara. I'm sure Xara will issue a patch/update to the product as required so have no fear.

Based on the most recent events with Xara and i-us (Xara continuing to provide user support conferences) I'd say Xara has thier $#@! together. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'm confident about this ongoing relationship now that the Corel barriers are out of the way as well.

So bring it on Xara, when your ready. I'm ready now. My (encrypted) credit card number is @#$^%&*)^$%^&*. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

Granted everything that is XARA has been worth it but dangling this latest adventure in our faces for so long has become very tiring. I, like others have come to depend on this program for on going work and to find that the beta version is ready to expire and there is still no XARAX at the end of the tunnel makes me question why I have been a loyal registered user of all your programs. We all know that even the final version is going to have bugs but this constant worry about expiration dates has me emotionally concerned that I am not even going to be able to complete those projects on time. I will be left in limbo until the final version is available and I know there will be several days where I will not be able to work on my projects. Trying to use that as an excuse to my customers, will cost me customers.
    MRDolliver

Gary i whas just extremly luckey to log on to the forem just when you announced the new Final Beta with the download adres. So, while i am not a member i could download the program. Just a littje bit later you changed it to only members (very commercial?) I also am one of the not so luckey Xarausers who bought the program straigt from Xara. I never knew that there was a I-Us.com. Later when i knew that there is a I-us.com i could not be a new member and buying Xara two times was to expensive for me. I applied for a membership (paying) but that whas impossible. So please why give us a not a tempory membership i garantee you that i will buy the Xara-X from I-us (I have a small feeling that this is part of the commercial reason).

Harrie Denkers asks:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So please why give us a not a tempory membership i garantee you that i will buy the Xara-X from I-us (I have a small feeling that this is part of the commercial reason). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Harrie and others,

As of now, the only place you will be able to purchase Xara X will be from Xara's Web Site

When the XaraXone was launched, in order to compete with other companies and web sites offering Xara 2 for sale, i/us decided to establish the Insider Area to encourage people to purchase Xara 2 from i/us. i/us at the time was competing with Xara Ltd., Corel Corp. and a few other sites, and by providing a Xara user community with conferences and an exclusive area (The Insider Area) gave people a good reason to purchase from i/us.

Now, alas, i/us is going to be shut down.

The good news, however, is Xara Ltd. has agreed to continue to sponsor the XaraXone, the Insider Area, the Xara Conference, and the Xara tutorials.

I am not sure of this, but my guess is once Xara Ltd. takes over sponsorship and hosting of the XaraXone, the Insider Area will be available to all Xara users no matter where they purchased their copy of Xara.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on November 16, 2000 at 04:33 PM.]