Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

I have been asked my Xara to make the final beta (release candidate) for Xara X only available to members of the Insiders Area.

This is not being done to slight non-members but for security reasons.

The download link will appear on Page 1 of WebXealot 19 which will be posted in about 2 hours from now (as soon as I finish editing it and get it uploaded to the i/us server).

I appologize for the muddle [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So what does us non-members do when the current beta runs out. I really need a working copy of Xara X and I'm going to face huge problems without one... please tell me that they're not just going to leave us stranded until the release version comes out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael

Xara is hoping to have the shipping version available before the 20th. This is not for certain, but they are shooting for that date.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Well, I hope it's not so big a Web that you ride off into the sunset, and we never hear from you again. I trust you'll keep your friends and supporters here posted on what you're up to.

I'm sorry if we've offended some non-Insiders. I know you're all dead keen to get your hands on the final version but don't worry, Insiders or otherwise, you really haven't got long to wait now.

Gary and Chris have identified a couple of our concerns. Firstly public betas can lead to 50 emails reporting the same problem and simply processing the feedback can take time - which we haven't got. And secondly, as you might imagine, we're keen to minimise the risk of seeing hacks of the final version out there before we've even released it!

Kate

Kate Moir
    http://www.xara.com
    http://www.buyfonts.com
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

I think they should just drop that troublesome export filter and just advise users to export high-res TIFs to be separated in Photoshop (and, if some vector data is needed in the job, to export those parts as AI for import into PS or the page layout program). The EPS export is just causing people too much trouble! So Xara: save your programming efforts for fixing up XaraX!

KN
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

While trying to understand reasons given above, blah, blah, this is a disaster. I'm working on orders for Christmas and New Year and even by extending delivery dates, wdn't dare give any guarantees. Really is most un-nerving - penny

I have been asked my Xara to make the final beta (release candidate) for Xara X only available to members of the Insiders Area.

This is not being done to slight non-members but for security reasons.

The download link will appear on Page 1 of WebXealot 19 which will be posted in about 2 hours from now (as soon as I finish editing it and get it uploaded to the i/us server).

I appologize for the muddle [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

> Now, alas, i/us is going to be shut down.

So what's happening to Chris and Arlen? Are you guys going to come out okay in all this?

Harrie Denkers asks:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So please why give us a not a tempory membership i garantee you that i will buy the Xara-X from I-us (I have a small feeling that this is part of the commercial reason). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Harrie and others,

As of now, the only place you will be able to purchase Xara X will be from Xara's Web Site

When the XaraXone was launched, in order to compete with other companies and web sites offering Xara 2 for sale, i/us decided to establish the Insider Area to encourage people to purchase Xara 2 from i/us. i/us at the time was competing with Xara Ltd., Corel Corp. and a few other sites, and by providing a Xara user community with conferences and an exclusive area (The Insider Area) gave people a good reason to purchase from i/us.

Now, alas, i/us is going to be shut down.

The good news, however, is Xara Ltd. has agreed to continue to sponsor the XaraXone, the Insider Area, the Xara Conference, and the Xara tutorials.

I am not sure of this, but my guess is once Xara Ltd. takes over sponsorship and hosting of the XaraXone, the Insider Area will be available to all Xara users no matter where they purchased their copy of Xara.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on November 16, 2000 at 04:33 PM.]

Hi Kate,
    That is very good news!!
    I was feeling like I was in the start of one of the "Mission Impossible Shows"
    "Mr Felps this message (program) will self-distruct in 15 seconds(days) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Thanks again
    John Dye