Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: demo movies

where would I find Active X settings?
    Alistair
    alistair d w barclay

found activex and reset to low but the boxes are still greyed out
    alistair
    alistair d w barclay

mine work just fine windows xp pro sp2 all updates are upto date. activex is set to mid. dont know what everyone else is doing. are yousure the movies were downloaded are installed? just a thought sometimes the most obviuos is what is over looked.
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

okay... Here it is... A small web page that calls all but one movie. I do not have that movie installed (still running the beta here at home) I will leave that to someone else. (Photo Composition Note: This movie is only available on the Xara X1 CD)

Just unzip everything into the xara movie directory and open the html page. If you have your xara movies installed in a different directory then the default "C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara X1\HelpAndSupport\ENG\" do a search and replace with the proper directory.

Maybe Gary would add this to the shareware page.

Cheers John
    When I first unzipped it the buttons wouldn't work. However, on copying the contents of the file, creating a new one named 'XaraMovies' on C root directory, and pasting there, it worked as expected. Then just made a shortcut from the desktop.
    I don't know why it wouldn't work originally. We'll have to wait and see if it's just me.
    One other point. You say that if your movies are installed in a different directory than the default, do a search and replace wth the proper directory. Surely this won't work as your source code uses the default directory?

A HREF="C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara X1\HelpAndSupport\ENG\selhands_small.avi"

Thank you for all the effort!
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

hi Egg,

If, for instance, the movies are installed in F:\somewhere\other\than\default\program files\Xara\Xara X1\HelpAndSupport\ENG\ then all one has to do is open the .html file with wordpad, do a replace (cntrl-h) use the following search string "C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara X1\HelpAndSupport\ENG\" and replace it with your directory "F:\somewhere\other\than\default\program files\Xara\Xara X1\HelpAndSupport\ENG\". the replace action will find the wrong location and replace it with the proper location. The zip file contains the following files...

butoff.gif
    buton.gif
    movie.css
    index.html

and

buttons.xar

index.html is the page with all the links. buton.gif and butoff.gif are the buttons used in the page. movie.css is the cascading style sheet that makes the text look all nice and pretty. These should be in the same directory as the index.html. I also included the source file for the buttons, buttons.xar

All are welcome to reformat, change, edit the page to their desire.

Hi John
    Ahh, that's what you meant. I read it wrong!
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Started playing with the file last night after watching all the movies. Going to do a word wrap and put three columns of links in. Did not like all the scrolling...