Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I save an Xara image as a bmp, there is always a rectangule or square image frame to it described by the drawing's outermost points. I need to have the frame correspond to the outline of the drawing, in any shape. In other words, anything outside the outline is transparent to any other program and not part of the raster image.

When I save an Xara image as a bmp, there is always a rectangule or square image frame to it described by the drawing's outermost points. I need to have the frame correspond to the outline of the drawing, in any shape. In other words, anything outside the outline is transparent to any other program and not part of the raster image.

and use the transparency setting. This will only work however if the spots you want transparent are completely transparent without, say, an elliptical transparency

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

The program I neeed to work on the image with can only use bmp.

.bmp's do not accomodate transparencies, so your stuck if the program your working with only allows bitmaps. Gifs and Png's on the other hand support transparency.
    The only way you can work around this is if you know what colour / texture your image is finally to be placed over. Then you can set this as your background to the shape in XaraX, and export the bitmap which will now hold this common background.
    As a matter of interest what is this program your using that will only support bmp's?

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host