Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Logo

This is a logo that I'm working on for a friends website. He's a professional composer and this is my return favor for him doing some music stuff for me
    This was intended for his website, but we're gonna put it on business cards also. Let me know what you think

I had a few designs to show him... and of course at first he picked the one I hated the most and it took a ton of work to get him to choose this one! DON'T show work that you wouldn't approve of yourself! Clients suck sometimes!

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33.jpg 
Views:	615 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	6663  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

This is a logo that I'm working on for a friends website. He's a professional composer and this is my return favor for him doing some music stuff for me
    This was intended for his website, but we're gonna put it on business cards also. Let me know what you think

I had a few designs to show him... and of course at first he picked the one I hated the most and it took a ton of work to get him to choose this one! DON'T show work that you wouldn't approve of yourself! Clients suck sometimes!

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> DON'T show work that you wouldn't approve of yourself! Clients suck sometimes!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right! I learned that "the hard way" too... ;-)

I really like the staff and clef, but am not sure about the fonts you chose. Have you played around with his name following the curve of the line in the staff? The music at the bottom doesn't seem to fit with the rest...it just seems to be floating there.

Mickie

Looks very good, will look great on a bus. card.
    Love the color and blend and how you incorperated the name with the clef. Overall great deasign I'm not sure about "music", it seems weak compaired to the whole design. Just my 2cents worth.
    tim

but the music font is not doing it for me and that, I guess, music sheet in the background looks way too much like the Windows logo to me!!

You are one talented guy though, so what ever you think I'm sure your friend will more than appreciate Steve!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Careful , your clients could be reading this.
    But I know how you feel.
    The clef looks good. Maybe a different font for the other letters. Maybe they could follow the path of the lines behind them a bit ?
    I don't really care for the mosaic look on the text "music" maybe a more solid font. ??
    Just my 2 cents worth.

"A hippo does not have a sting in its tail, but a wise man would still rather be sat on by a bee."
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I would have to agree with several people here that it looks good, and the only thing I would change is the music font. It doesn't seem to flow with the rest of it. My 2cents.

Dave

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.
    Pablo Picasso

Please feel free to visit Dave's Renderosity Gallery

Steve,
    I really like how you made the "S" and "P" from the music note. Brilliant!

I like the logo part but as others have mentioned not the type.

Perhaps the type does not need to be part of the logo. The fact that the logo is an S&P is enough. And I'm undecided on whether the lines are needed? I like them but I also think the logo works without them. On the other hand they add a nice second read. On the other hand...

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>