Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WD6 A Tasty Tweak - Centre HighSlide Popups

The new Pop-up photo system in Web Designer 6 is a big improvment - by default however, each pop-up photo centres from it's thumbnail position rather than centred on the page. To my eye this looks awkward.

But, this is easily fixed using a simple <head> named placeholder tweak provided by the man himself

Simply drop the attached *.xar file into your page MouseOff layer and all popups will now centre on the page.

Look out for more 'Tasty Tweaks' in a special thread opening soon
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: A Tasty Tweak - Centre HighSlide Popups

Thanks Steve! That was irritating me ... knew it was just a matter of time till a tweak arrived though

BTW Without thinking, I opened this with XXP5 and I was told that the .xar was made with a newer version and some functions wont work. I know this happens with WD6 .web files. Have you got a beta xxp6 by any chance Not that it's any of my business mind, but it would mean the latter is closer
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 27 March 2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: BTW
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Will this work if there already is a placeholder named <head> or does the script need to be added to the existing <head> placeholder?

Jim

Talking Re: A Tasty Tweak - Centre HighSlide Popups

Excellent!
    I was just about to ask if this sort of thing was possible. I was messing with the gallery features and my highSlide thumbnails for the slide show were opening off the bottom of the page as my actual thumbs were running along the bottom of my layout.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Will this work if there already is a placeholder named <head> or does the script need to be added to the existing <head> placeholder?
    No, in WD6 you can have many head placeholders on a page. So no, you don't have to add the script to the existing placeholder.
    John.

Steve simply saved his Web Designer file as .xar rather than .web, an option available in WD5 as well.

See the attached image for the .xar header information identifying the verstion that created the file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xar-in-notepad.png 
Views:	283 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	70842  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    BTW Without thinking, I opened this with XXP5 and I was told that the .xar was made with a newer version and some functions wont work.
    Yes, the idea was that you also might add it to your Designs Gallery like the WD5 Tweakset which are also *.xar extensions.

As mentioned, simply drop the attached *.xar file into your WD6 page MouseOff layer works easiest.

Yes, I did that Steve and it works well, thanks Except [sorry to be a nuisance] is there a way to make the pop-ups appear at the top of the screen as well as centered? Tried fiddling with the code but I'm only guessing! At the moment, with your tweak, pop-ups appear centered horizontally but with the bottom of the images at the bottom of the page so that smaller images appear lower. Do you get what I mean?
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I'm afraid I don't quite understand John

The tweak centres the popup image to the browser window, not the the page size - so no matter the size you specifiy the popup to display at, it will always be centred exactly in the middle of the browser window.

To demonstrate, I've just exported to the desktop and opened it from there ... and it was fine! Should have thought and checked that before. Seems like it was just happening in the preview window when it was not maximized All the images were bottom aligned - well, they were for me ... no matter though, as long as they work in the proper browsers. Thanks for your time Steve