Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xeus Features in XXPro4

How quickly we get off topic.

John (covoxer) created Xeus originally as a helper for Xara X to provide bitmap editing capabilities that were not available in Xara X.

John is now one of the developers who has worked on the more recent releases of Xara Xtreme and most features from Xeus and more are now standard equipment in Xtreme 4.0.

There really is no use for Xeus with the bitmap editing features in Xtreme and Xtreme Pro.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    How quickly we get off topic.
    What's off topic ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    John is now one of the developers who has worked on the more recent releases of Xara Xtreme and most features from Xeus and more are now standard equipment in Xtreme 4.0.

There really is no use for Xeus with the bitmap editing features in Xtreme and Xtreme Pro.
    Gary,

I understand that Xeus was written for X1. Can you demonstrate using XXPro4 how to do the two things in the tutorials on John's site that I referenced in my original question?

>>And mini tutorials 02 & 04 here: http://xeus.nm.ru/tutorials.dhtml

Quote Originally Posted by StevenWWinters View Post
    Can you demonstrate using XXPro4 how to do the two things in the tutorials on John's site that I referenced in my original question?
    If this is something like you mean, the new LE colour tools give you lot's of opportunity to colourise a full image or parts of an image.

For smoothing faces etc - example coming up next
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ezcolourise.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	47893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sepandcolourise.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	47894  

Last edited by steve.ledger; 14 April 2008 at 01:58 AM. Reason: renew one image

Soften a face using LE blur tools.

(To remove/repair bemishes - a similar replacement process can be used.
    See next post)

(*transparency shown as an instructional visual aid only and is not necessary for the process described)

Name:	softenblur.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	47897  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 14 April 2008 at 01:55 AM.

Repair and remove blemishes using Xtreme Tools.

As they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat. My methods here show how I would produce those effects on the photos I used. Different images may require a different approach.

(*transparency shown as an instructional visual aid only and is not necessary for the process described)

Name:	blemishremovale.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	47899  

Does XXPro4's new bitmap capabilities give you anything like this???
    Right. My question was if any of those capabilities are now a part of Xtreme with it's improved bitmap handling, or alternatively, are there other plug-ins that would accomplish the same thing...
    Xeus was a pixel editor. Xara comes with a fully fledged pixel editing application that was acquired from Magix (and has since version 3.2), and so all the things that were possible with the Xeus plugin are possible with Xara's pixel editor.

As with XPE, it's possible that in future, judging from current trends, that all functionality of these separate editors will be directly integrated into Xara. It's a shame that the red-eye feature of the XPE wasn't fully integrated into Xtreme in time, and thus XPE couldn't be fully dropped altogether for the 4.0 release.

Unfortunately, when 3.2 was released and came with the Magix editor, there was a very strong reaction from many who apparently immediately expelled the editor from their systems and surprisingly branded it as useless junk. Now that a lot of the features of the Magix editor are in the LE tool of Xara (an example of direct integration), those features--and thus, effectively, the Magix editor--are receiving substantial kudos, unsurprisingly, for their greatness, which appears somewhat counter-intuitive. The Magix editor itself is not Xara-quality in it's design (owing to being developed by people with different design goals and objectives), but offers some very powerful pixel editing features that really shouldn't be overlooked.
    Last edited by Xhris; 14 April 2008 at 04:37 AM.

Steve [sledger] has given a good demonstration there - thanks Steve saves me a job

magix tools that are now in xara are not the same thing as magix tools in magix photo editor - same tools yes - but in xara working on vector as live effects

if I had to use a pixel based editor on bitmaps for such effects it still would not be magix
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    If this is something like you mean, the new LE colour tools give you lot's of opportunity to colourise a full image or parts of an image.
    Thanks Steve. That's helpful. Xeus works in a more bitmap brush, painterly way. Not quite the same process, but appears to give similar results.